For the purpose of these Regulations the following terms shall have the meanings assigned to them here:
- Service - website available at www.phpce.eu, containing the information about the Conference and directly or indirectly enabling registration at the Conference as a Participant or Speaker.
- Registration Service - a website available at the subdomain of the konfeo.com, directly enabling registration at the Conference as a Participant.
- Organiser - dgnet.pl Joanna Grzesista company with its registered office in Rybnik at Wodzisławska 50A, 44-200 Rybnik, entered into the Business Activity Register kept by Mayor of Rybnik under the number 30630/2009, VAT-ID: PL9372362537.
- Conference - conference under the name of “php Central Europe Conference 2017” — “phpCE 2017” in short, organised by the Organiser in the town of Ossa near Rawa Mazowiecka within the period from November 3 to November 5, 2017, in Hotel Ossa Congress & Spa, Ossa 1.
- User - a natural person of age using the Service.
- Agenda - a detailed programme of the Conference established by the Organiser and shared in the Service after agreeing upon a part or all of the Speakers. The Agenda shared by the Organiser is illustrative and may change.
- Participant - a person eligible to take part in the Conference and be granted additional benefits, specified in details in paragraph IV of the Regulations.
- Speaker - a person entitled to give a lecture during the Conference and chosen by the Organiser according to the procedure referred to in paragraph V of the Regulations.
II. general provisions
- All rights to the name of the Service and Conference are reserved to dgnet.pl and can be used only upon consent granted by dgnet.pl.
- These Regulations are to be based on Polish state law, in particular on:
- The Act of 29 August 1997 on the protection of personal data;
- The Act of 18 July 2002 on provision of services by electronic means;
- The Act of 23 April 1964, Civil Code;
- The Act of 30 May 2014 on consumer rights.
- On matters related to using the Service or participation in the Conference, a User can contact the Organiser through one of the communication contact details specified on the Contact page.
- The use of the Service, Registration Service and all their functionality shall require the access to the Internet network and use of a standard web browser.
- To ensure security of the data transferred via the Service, technical and organisational measures which are appropriate to the risks presented by using the Service shall be taken by the Organiser.
- A User shall be obliged to observe the rule prohibiting overuse of the Service,
- Supplying content causing disturbance or overload of the Service or systems used by the parties providing services directly or indirectly in electronic form;
- Supplying content that might violate personal rights of third parties, copyrights, intellectual property rights, business confidentiality, or other content that would in any way violate binding regulations, or good morals;
- Supplying content containing viruses and other dangerous software, e.g. worms, Trojan horses, keyloggers, or other;
- Supplying content that might cause dissemination of commercial information not ordered by recipients (SPAM) or other illegal content — as well as providing any other illegal content.
IV. participation in the conference
A. participation as an attendee
- Participation in the Conference as an attendee entitles a person to take part in all lectures included in the Agenda and to receive additional benefits, specified in details in paragraph IV.A.2. of the Regulations.
- Additionally, each attendee shall be entitled to:
- Receive one kit of conference materials;
- Participate in coffee breaks and meals.
- The participation in the Conference as an attendee is paid. Participation fee is fixed, however, a Participant can purchase an admission ticket for a price lower than the catalogue price, taking advantage of special offers announced by the Organiser. Participation fee is indicated in a price list available through the registration form.
- The cost referred to in paragraph IV.A.3 shall be applicable to participation in the Conference of one person.
- Payment for participation in the Conference might be made in the Polish currency or Euro. Participation fee, dependent on the chosen currency, is indicated in the price list referred to in paragraph IV.A.3.
- A User shall register at the Conference as an attendee by filling in and sending an electronic Participant Registration Form, available at the Registration Service.
- The Organiser shall confirm reception of the offer referred to in paragraph IV.A.7 by sending confirmation e-mail to the User’s address.
- Payment for the participation in the Conference shall be made within the term and to the bank account specified by the Organiser. Payment can also be made through the PayPal payment system.
- Effecting payment is equal to concluding a contract for participation in the Conference.
- A User shall be entitled to resign from the participation in the Conference by October 15th, 2017 at the latest by sending a written declaration of will cancelling the participation in the Conference by registered mail to the Organiser’s address. The date of cancellation shall be deemed met if the letter is posted within the aforementioned period. In case of resignation referred to in this provision, the Organiser shall reimburse the User for the participation in the Conference fee, less commissions resulting from the method of payment chosen by the User. The reimbursement shall be made within 30 days, based on a correction invoice accepted by the User.
- Notification on replacement of the Participant, indicating the parties concerned, shall be sent via e-mail to the address specified by the Organiser not later than 10 days before the date of commencement of the Conference.
- Admission to workshops is free of charge, however, separate registration is required. Registration of workshop participants shall be announced by the Organiser to the Conference participants at least 3 days before the start of the registration.
- Due to the limited number of seats for individual workshops, the Organiser shall not guarantee participation in workshops to all Conference participants.
- Registration of workshop participants shall be carried out until all places are occupied. Participation in workshops shall be based on the order in which applications are received.
B. participation as a speaker
- A User shall register at the Conference as a Speaker by filling in and sending to the Organiser an electronic Speaker Registration Form, available at the Service.
- Participation in the Conference as a Speaker shall depend on evaluation of the sent application by the Organiser. The applications shall be qualified by a Programme Committee nominated by the Organiser. The decision shall be final binding and shall be without appeal. The Organiser shall inform the User on the results of evaluation in electronic form.
- In case of a positive evaluation of the application, the Speaker shall prepare and send his presentation to the Organiser’s e-mail address not later than 14 days before the date of commencement of the Conference.
- By applying for the Conference, a User shall grant to the Organiser non-exclusive
license to use the materials transferred to them in relation with participation in the
Conference — English copies of abstracts — depending on the language of the lecture —
as well as presentations and speeches of the Speaker during the Conference. The
licence shall also include the use of the Speaker’s image and the following:
- Within the scope of recording and multiplication — recording and multiplication of material with any technique, including printing, reprography, and digital technique, on any form of media, including CD and solid state media, as well as entering and transfer of the materials to memories of information and communication systems;
- Within the scope of broadcasting — hiring, lending, and marketing of the media on which the materials have been recorded.
- Within the scope of broadcasting in a manner other than specified in point (b) above — sharing in such a way that members of the public may access them from a place and at a time individually chosen by them; projection, broadcasting and rebroadcasting, both by terrestrial and by satellite transmission, transfer of Rights for transmission through the streaming system, both live and on demand.
- Participation in the Conference as a Speaker requires registration as an attendee too.
V. personal data
- The Organiser shall process personal data of Participants and Speakers within the scope and according to the rules specified in details below.
- Administrator of the personal data is dgnet.pl Joanna Grzesista company with its registered office in Rybnik, at Wodzisławska 50A, 44-200 Rybnik, entered in the Business Activity Register kept by Mayor of Rybnik under the number 30630/2009.
- The Organiser shall process Participant’s personal data passed in the Participant Registration Form for the purpose of concluding contract for participation in the Conference. The basis for processing personal data is Art. 23 para 1 subpara 3 of the Act of 29 August 1997 on the protection of personal data.
- The Organiser may process Participant’s personal data for marketing purposes related to presentation of business activities and offer of the Organiser and their partners, if the Participant gave their consent to this by checking the appropriate box in the Participant Registration Form. The consent for processing Participant’s personal data within the aforementioned scope shall not be obligatory and shall not be a condition for registration at the Conference.
- The Organiser shall process the personal data of Users who applied for participation in the Conference as Speakers for purposes related to evaluation of the sent applications and selection of Speakers, as well as for purposes related to participation of a Speaker in the Conference. This consent shall be given by checking the appropriate box in the Speaker Registration Form and is completely voluntary, however, it is a condition necessary for application for the Conference.
- Persons referred to in paragraphs 3-5 shall have the right of access to their personal data and to correct them.
- Apart from the cases indicated above, the Organiser shall make personal data available in cases where it is absolutely required by applicable Polish law.
- All claims might be lodged by a User to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or in a written form to the registered address of the Organiser.
- Claims concerning conduct of the Conference shall be lodged within 14 days since the date of termination of the Conference. The date of lodging the claim shall be the date on which it was received by the Organiser.
- The claims lodged after the date referred to in para 2 shall not be considered.
VII. closing provisions
- Unless otherwise specified in these Regulations, the Organiser and the User, who sent the Participant or Speaker Registration Form, shall contact with each other in electronic form, on the User side to the e-mail address specified in the Account settings, and on the Organiser side to the addresses specified on the Contact page.
- In the event any provision of these Regulations is invalid or ineffective, all other provisions hereof shall remain in full force and effect. On place of the invalid provision a valid one shall apply whose meaning is the closest to the purposes and effects of the functioning of the replaced provision and these Regulations.
- Valid Regulations shall be published on the Service website and delivered free of charge to Users on demand to an e-mail address indicated by them.
- These Regulations come in force on 1 June 2017.
- The Organiser reserves the right to modify the Regulations. Users shall be informed of all changes to the Regulations within at least 14 days before changes become effective, through a message in the Service. In the event a User does not agree with a change to the Regulations, they shall inform the Organiser about this within the aforementioned period. Refusal to accept the new content of the Regulations shall be deemed as termination of the contract referred to in Art. 3841 of the Civil Code, and shall take effect from the date of expiration of the period for expressing objections to the changes to Regulations. Until expiry of this period the existing provisions shall apply to the User.